Cell Phone and Musical Device Policy
Cell Phone and Musical Device PolicyTop of Page
- Cell Phones/Musical Devices may not be used in any classroom at any time.
- No Cell Phones/Musical Devices may be used during class time (in or out of the classroom I.e. bathroom breaks, trips to the library or main offices)
- Cell Phones/Musical Devices that are visible or heard ringing, vibrating, etc during class time hours in or out of a classroom will be confiscated.
- Cell Phone/Musical Device use is defined as: phone calls, texting, emailing, surfing the web, checking the time, calling mom or dad, listening to music, etc (etc equals everything else).
Violations will result in the following:Top of Page
- 1st Violation: Device is confiscated and returned to the student at the end of the day and the policy is reviewed with the student
- 2nd Violation: Device is confiscated and parent is required to pick up device and policy is reviewed with parent
- 3rd Violation: Device is confiscated, parent is required to pick up device, policy reviewed, and student receives one day of ISS
- 4th and subsequent violations: Device is confiscated, parent is required to pick up device, policy is reviewed, and student receives two days of ISS and possible SARB referral discussed.